If you are on the fence between purchasing an existing home, having a predesigned floor plan home built, or building a custom home, you need to consider the benefits involved with each option. An existing home enables you to move in more quickly than you would when building a home. A predesigned floor plan bypasses the design stage. However, custom homes have a variety of benefits to consider, as well, including the following:
- No inherited problems- When you purchase an existing home, even with the most thorough home inspection, issues can be missed that you now have to deal with. You won’t inherit any problems when you go with a custom home.
- New systems and appliances- Instead of having a limited number of reliable years from the roof, HVAC system, plumbing, electrical system, and appliances, everything is new in custom homes and chosen specifically by you.
- Quality components- A predesigned home may have builder-grade components, whereas custom homes will have whatever you have chosen during the design phase.
- Check off all your “want” and “need” boxes- With an existing home or even a predesigned one, you’ll likely have to compromise on things you wanted, but with custom homes, you can get all your needs and wants addressed.
- Put your money where it matters the most- If you do need to compromise in any way, it is easier with custom homes, as you can cut back on things that are easily upgraded later and focus on putting your money where it matters the most.
At Smith & Company Custom Homes & Remodeling, we love building custom homes for our clients. It is exciting working with you to come up with what you envision and then breathing life into those ideas and seeing the reward of your smiles. We look forward to creating your dream home for you that gives you every benefit that custom homes can provide. Reach out today to learn more.